Millsapps, Ballinger & Associates (MB&A) is a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and is proud to serve the federal market. In that federal market many organizations like the General Services Administration (GSA) have made dedicated efforts (21 Gun Salute Action Plan) to reach the 3% contracting goal for SDVOSB businesses. As can be seen in the table below, the percentage of contracts has admirably risen, but contract value and contract actions continue to decrease for SDVOSB concerns. The following chart shows SDVOSB attainment across agencies.
MB&A believes that contracting using an SDVOSB set-aside is a significant advantage for the public sector for the following three major reasons:
- Policy Compliance – Executive Order No. 13360 directs government agencies to meet a 3% goal. While GSA is currently meeting that 3% goal, the overall government is at 2.014%. As you are well aware, continued effort to meet that goal is required; and a continued commitment to the 21 Gun Salute Action Plan is required to maintain the 3% contracting percentage.
- SDVOSB Advocacy – Agencies can establish a strong community bond with highly patriotic SDVOSB companies, and these companies in turn have a record of high performance, integrity, stability, and exceptional skill working with the Federal government.
- Contracting Advantages:
- Sole source contracts with no competition
- $3.5M limit for goods and services
- Reduced administrative and contracting time for faster awards
- Significantly reduced contract protests
- Stackable and targeted bids are allowed
- Marketing advantages that shed positive light on an organization
In addition to being a service-disabled veteran-owned business, both partners of MB&A are sons of service members. MB&A is also committed to recognizing the tremendous sacrifice displayed by our men and women in uniform. We are committed to hiring from the talented pool of candidates in the Wounded Warrior program and other veteran organizations.
MB&A is also proud to hold a GSA Schedule 70 Contract (GS-35F-0220Y)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-OutCome to learn more about our capabilities at Millsapps, Ballinger & Associates.